Coffee Recipes

Gelato Affogato with Amaretto DiSaronno

23/05/2012

This week’s recipe for the Lavazza Coffee Set Match blogger challenge is an original twist to the Affogato al Caffè. Super easy to make and perfect for summer days, it is a great dessert idea for your next dinner party!

affogato-amaretto-disaronnoaffogato-amaretto-disaronno-1

Ingredients

• 3 scoops of vanilla ice-cream (I used Clotted Cream ice-cream which is my current obsession!)
  • 1 double shot of espresso
  • 2 tsp Amaretto Disaronno
  • 3 amaretti biscuits

disaronno-1

Preparation

I made the espresso using Lavazza A Modo Mio machine and a capsule of Dolcemente Caffè Crema. This is a well rounded, balanced and creamy blend, which worked well with the almond and cream flavours of my affogato. Go for the decaf if you are having this dessert after dinner, or else it’ll keep you awake all night!

Scoop out the ice-cream from the box and into a glass. Don’t use a ceramic bowl: the beauty of this dessert is to see the different layers and colours!

Crumble the amaretti biscuits over the ice-cream. Pour the liquor – as much as you like! I try to limit myself to a couple of teaspoons.

Leave the coffee at last: it has to be poured hot, but it will melt the ice-cream quickly, so make sure you have all the other ingredients already in place.

Serve it immediately and enjoy!

affogato-amaretto-disaronno-2

You Might Also Like

6 Comments

• Reply trialsinfood 23/05/2012 at 15:14

These look yummy!

• Reply frugalfeeding 23/05/2012 at 16:08

Looks really very fantastic indeed. this is just my sort of dessert. A lovely little espresso would be nice to get that hot/cold coffee contrast :).

• Reply Maria Cristina 23/05/2012 at 18:54

Easy, tasty, the ingredients can always be at hand: success is assured!!

• Reply whilehewasout 24/05/2012 at 13:18

This reminds me of an amazing-fantastic ice cream cup we had at Lake Garda in Italy a couple of years ago – pure delight! Well, this one looks just as great! Thank your for sharing :)

• Reply monsterscircus 30/05/2012 at 21:41

Uhm it look so loveable, nice for the summer tea time.Have a wonderful day.

• Reply Summer In A Cup Of Coffee – Recipes For The Weekend | astrora coffee 17/08/2012 at 13:07

[…] making an affogato, for a heavenly combination of coffee and […]